Greetings from the Agoric crew! Wonder what we’ve been up to? Well, join our Community Call #12 (tomorrow, September 8, at 9am Pacific) and find out! The call will be hosted by Rowland Graus (Product Manager), and we’ll dive into::
📅 Mainnet Phase 0
👛 Keplr wallet integration!
📈 Testnet Phase 4.5 Recap (and what to expect for Phase 5: Adversarial)
💻 Developer Gitcoin bounties
💻 Upcoming AMAs
🎉 Virtual (and in-person!) events we’re sponsoring and attending!
August was a packed month here, with podcast appearances on the Untold Stories podcast by Charlie Sherm, plus DeFi Times, and a JS-focused breakdown on DeFi Slate. We’ll be kicking off a community contest in our Russian, Turkish, Indian, and Singaporean communities this month, so keep your eyes peeled :eyes: on Twitter and Discord.
Our infrastructure programs continue to build value for our engineering team. Phase 4.5 of our Incentivized Testnet closed in August, resulting in 933 completed tasks! Our Chainlink integration bounty was approved with two bounties (totalling $16,000!) still open for applications.
. . .
- During the month, we ran the metering phase (4.5) of our Incentivized Testnet. This phase included the first implementation of metering at both the Kernel and Zoe level. Many separate pieces came together for this testnet phase:
- Updates at the Kernel level to track computation executed (“computrons”) for operations
- A pricing mechanism to translate computrons to RUN
- Updates at the Zoe level to allow contracts to request fees from users that cover contract costs to the Kernel
- Updates to the Treasury contracts to collect fees and manage fee purses
- Update to the wallet to display fees to the user
- Agoric SDK was migrated onto Node.js’s own module system, removing a legacy emulation. This improves performance, developer experience, and makes Agoric’s code more portable.
- Support for Node.js 16 was added to agoric-sdk
Follow our engineering news at https://agoric.com/engineering-updates/
. . .
Agoric in the Spotlight
‘Mr White Hat:’ The story behind a $600m crypto caper
How an alleged thief morphed into a self-styled vigilante who captivated the crypto world.
Hints of a Multichain Future
Interest in alternative smart contract chains finds new momentum, as prices of Avalanche, Solana, and Terra explode higher.
Agoric: An Ambitious Library of DeFi components
Why the IRS May Take it Easy on Crypto
Good news for crypto miners and blockchain coders: The taxman may let you slide.
. . .
Upcoming: Events in Which We’re Participating
Most scheduled events continue to take place remotely for the time being.
Community Call #12: September 8, 2021 @ 9 am PDT / 16:00 UTC
BlockTalks AMA: September 13, 2021 @ 12 pm PDT / 19:00 UTC
Messari Mainnet: September 20-22, 2021
Hack This Fall: October 22-24, 2021
And check our calendar at agoric.com/events.
. . .
Join Our Team
All of the following positions are open in the US and Canada unless noted otherwise:
Administrative Assistant (San Francisco Bay Area)
. . .
Thanks for Reading and Sharing
Please feel free to forward. You can join the Agoric community on Discord, Twitter, Telegram, and LinkedIn, subscribe to this monthly newsletter, and catch us at upcoming events!