We believe smart contracts are the future of global economic exchange and cooperation. Agoric provides a platform for programming smart contracts securely and with ease, beyond anything available today.
We believe anyone in the world should be able to cooperate, exchange, and make agreements with one another safely and with ease. Today, in every sector of the economy, there are massive costs and inefficiencies associated with these interactions and their verification. Information gets corrupted. Packages get lost. Money is stolen. Leading institutional economists have called this problem “the cost of trust,” which they say amounts to ~35% of global GDP (that’s a startling $30,000,000,000,000).
Smart contracts provide a solution to this problem. A smart contract is a contract-like arrangement, expressed in code, where the behavior of the program enforces the terms of the contract. With this technology, individuals, institutions, and businesses can cooperate and exchange in ways that were previously impossible. And yet, today, even the experts programming smart contracts have been making extremely expensive errors. The current method of programming smart contracts is too hard and too hazard-prone, and the losses are too great. In the current blockchain environment for smart contracts, security is a major impediment to having the technology grow into the larger economy and mainstream applications. So, Agoric has a different way.
Who we are
The Agoric team includes world-class computer security and programming language developers, cryptographers, economists, business leaders, and community builders on a quest to bring smart contracts into the future. Members of the Agoric team have been professional collaborators in smart contracts technology for over 30 years. Agoric works with many well-known projects, and is backed by leading blockchain investors and venture capitalists.
How we work
We are based in the San Francisco Bay Area and work primarily from our office in Belmont, California. We are a collaborative, informal bunch and encourage sharing, discussion and teamwork. We are looking for new teammates who are creative, innovative, experienced, and experts in their craft. You can find our open source code on GitHub.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Develop and implement documentation taxonomy and style standards.
- Identify complex technical interactions and convert them into easy to understand drawings. Work with designers to develop end-user graphics.
- For non-open source code, on an as-needed basis, document to help guide current and future developers.
- Work with engineering to organize, draft, edit and release White Papers and technical documentation for partners, customers, investors, and other interested parties.
- Work with community, marketing and business development teams to identify, organize and develop needed training materials including but not limited to smart contracts and product-specific tutorials.
- Software engineering and/or Computer Science degree, or two+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years experience developing documentation and training materials in a highly technical market
- Proven experience working successfully with developers demonstrating support and empathy
- Demonstrated interest in decentralized markets, blockchain technology, and smart contracts. Working knowledge of competitive products and projects
- Proven ability to communicate both in writing and orally
- Native English language speaking and writing
- Friendly writing style, use of familiar words, plain language, and the knack to describe the technology in a way that is easy to understand
Nice to Haves:
- Ability to write specification documents from engineering inputs
- Grant writing experience
WHAT WE OFFER
- Excellent medical benefits
- Generous vacation policy
- Exciting startup atmosphere in an area experiencing explosive growth
- In-office lunch daily, fresh snacks and drinks
- Collaborative, inspiring, fun colleagues
- Opportunity to work with recognized industry pioneers and leaders
- Competitive compensation including profit units
For more information or to apply, please contact [email protected]