We believe smart contracts are the future of global economic exchange and cooperation. Agoric provides a platform for programming smart contracts securely and with ease, beyond anything available today.
We believe anyone in the world should be able to cooperate, exchange, and make agreements with one another safely and with ease. Today, in every sector of the economy, there are massive costs and inefficiencies associated with these interactions and their verification. Information gets corrupted. Packages get lost. Money is stolen. Leading institutional economists have called this problem “the cost of trust,” which they say amounts to ~35% of global GDP (that’s a startling $30,000,000,000,000).
Smart contracts provide a solution to this problem. A smart contract is a contract-like arrangement, expressed in code, where the behavior of the program enforces the terms of the contract. With this technology, individuals, institutions, and businesses can cooperate and exchange in ways that were previously impossible. And yet, today, even the experts programming smart contracts have been making extremely expensive errors. The current method of programming smart contracts is too hard and too hazard-prone, and the losses are too great. In the current blockchain environment for smart contracts, security is a major impediment to having the technology grow into the larger economy and mainstream applications. So, Agoric has a different way.
Who we are
The Agoric team includes world-class computer security and programming language developers, cryptographers, economists, business leaders, and community builders on a quest to bring smart contracts into the future. Members of the Agoric team have been professional collaborators in smart contracts technology for over 30 years. Agoric works with many well-known projects, and is backed by leading blockchain investors and venture capitalists.
How we work
We are based in the San Francisco Bay Area and work primarily from our office in Belmont, California. We are a collaborative, informal bunch and encourage sharing, discussion and teamwork. We are looking for new teammates who are creative, innovative, experienced, and experts in their craft. You can find our open source code on GitHub.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our engineering team is looking for an experienced software product manager to help drive the realization and evolution of our smart contract framework. As an ideal candidate you are a self starter, fast learner, and a believer in our mission. You will be working with a team of exceptionally talented and experienced developers who will rely on you for your business acumen and strategic thinking. In this role you will be responsible for the product roadmap and being the voice of the customer. You will be meeting with customers, technology partners, and others to gather insight and share our plans. Your internal constituency will also include the Agoric marketing, community, and management teams.
- With development team, define, prioritize and document product requirements and innovative product offerings based on Agoric technology
- Develop and maintain product and product line roadmaps
- Identify and document use cases
- Report progress, and identify and communicate development and market risks
- Work with customers, partners, external developers, and others to identify, capture, and prioritize feature and product requests
- Identify, measure, and report KPIs on customer engagement and product success
- Monitor and report on competitive environment
- Work cross company with marketing, community, and leadership teams; be the interface to marketing for press releases, blogs, social media, web, marketing collaterals and other communications
- Participate as voice of product in cross company discussions and planning sessions.
- BA, BS, MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Product Design, MBA, other relevant discipline, or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years in product management; experience in a highly technical software discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of successfully leading and growing marketing at an early stage startup
- Willingness to get “hands dirty”, and attract and retain exceptional talent
- Natural storyteller with the proven ability to communicate complex technology, using plain language, in a way that’s easy to comprehend
- Exceptional interpersonal and professional communication skills
- Willingness to travel
Nice to Haves
- Demonstrated interest in decentralized markets, blockchain technology, and smart contracts. Working knowledge of high profile projects and competitive offerings
- Background in financial services, transportation and logistics, gaming, or live entertainment/ticket exchange industries
WHAT WE OFFER
- Excellent medical benefits
- Generous vacation policy
- Exciting startup atmosphere in an area experiencing explosive growth
- In-office lunch daily, fresh snacks and drinks
- Collaborative, inspiring, fun colleagues
- Opportunity to work with recognized industry pioneers and leaders
- Competitive compensation including profit units
For more information or to apply, please contact [email protected]