We believe smart contracts are the future of global economic exchange and cooperation. Agoric provides a platform for programming smart contracts securely and with ease, beyond anything available today.
We believe anyone in the world should be able to cooperate, exchange, and make agreements with one another safely and with ease. Today, in every sector of the economy, there are massive costs and inefficiencies associated with these interactions and their verification. Information gets corrupted. Packages get lost. Money is stolen. Leading institutional economists have called this problem “the cost of trust,” which they say amounts to ~35% of global GDP (that’s a startling $30,000,000,000,000).
Smart contracts provide a solution to this problem. A smart contract is a contract-like arrangement, expressed in code, where the behavior of the program enforces the terms of the contract. With this technology, individuals, institutions, and businesses can cooperate and exchange in ways that were previously impossible. And yet, today, even the experts programming smart contracts have been making extremely expensive errors. The current method of programming smart contracts is too hard and too hazard-prone, and the losses are too great. In the current blockchain environment for smart contracts, security is a major impediment to having the technology grow into the larger economy and mainstream applications. So, Agoric has a different way.
Who we are
The Agoric team includes world-class computer security and programming language developers, cryptographers, economists, business leaders, and community builders on a quest to bring smart contracts into the future. Members of the Agoric team have been professional collaborators in smart contracts technology for over 30 years. Agoric works with many well-known projects, and is backed by leading blockchain investors and venture capitalists.
How we work
We are based in the San Francisco Bay Area and work primarily from our office in Belmont, California. We are a collaborative, informal bunch and encourage sharing, discussion and teamwork. We are looking for new teammates who are creative, innovative, experienced, and experts in their craft. You can find our open source code on GitHub.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an exceptional marketing leader, with the vision to lead and passion to drive the evolution of decentralized electronic markets. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and fast learner who can promote Agoric through thought leadership, and engagement with developers and partners. Key to success is the ability to manage priorities and maintain focus in a rapidly evolving marketplace, while building a team of internal and external resources. Critical disciplines include marketing communications, community development, branding, and promotions.
- Energize, lead, and grow a team to deliver marketing goals
- Develop and validate value propositions and messages
- Communicate the Agoric story via social media, public relations, events, collaterals, company website, and community to key constituents including employees, developers, partners, and investors
- Develop and implement programs to drive developer engagement and framework usage
- Utilize public relations to build relationships with journalists, publications, and other media outlets to grow presence
- Establish product naming and branding standards
- Identify and prioritize paid and non-paid promotional opportunities at industry events
- Identify and track specific KPIs to report on thought leadership, as well as developer and partner engagement initiatives
- Participate as voice of marketing in cross company discussions and planning sessions
- BA, MBA from a top program, 10+ years relevant professional experience
- 3-5 years in technology marketing at the director, senior director or VP level
- Demonstrated interest in decentralized markets, blockchain technology, and smart contracts. Working knowledge of high profile projects and competitive offerings
- Track record of successfully leading and growing marketing at an early stage startup
- Willingness to get “hands dirty”, and attract and retain exceptional talent
- Natural storyteller with the proven ability to communicate complex technology, using plain language, in a way that’s easy to comprehend
- Exceptional interpersonal and professional communication skills
- Willingness to travel
Nice to Haves
- Background in financial services, transportation and logistics, gaming, or live entertainment/ticket exchange industries
WHAT WE OFFER
- Excellent medical benefits
- Generous vacation policy
- Exciting startup atmosphere in an area experiencing explosive growth
- In-office lunch daily, fresh snacks and drinks
- Collaborative, inspiring, fun colleagues
- Opportunity to work with recognized industry pioneers and leaders
- Competitive compensation including profit units
For more information or to apply, please contact [email protected]