We believe smart contracts are the future of global economic exchange and cooperation. Agoric provides a platform for programming smart contracts securely and with ease, beyond anything available today.
We believe anyone in the world should be able to cooperate, exchange, and make agreements with one another safely and with ease. Today, in every sector of the economy, there are massive costs and inefficiencies associated with these interactions and their verification. Information gets corrupted. Packages get lost. Money is stolen. Leading institutional economists have called this problem “the cost of trust,” which they say amounts to ~35% of global GDP (that’s a startling $30,000,000,000,000).
Smart contracts provide a solution to this problem. A smart contract is a contract-like arrangement, expressed in code, where the behavior of the program enforces the terms of the contract. With this technology, individuals, institutions, and businesses can cooperate and exchange in ways that were previously impossible. And yet, today, even the experts programming smart contracts have been making extremely expensive errors. The current method of programming smart contracts is too hard and too hazard-prone, and the losses are too great. In the current blockchain environment for smart contracts, security is a major impediment to having the technology grow into the larger economy and mainstream applications. So, Agoric has a different way.
Who we are
The Agoric team includes world-class computer security and programming language developers, cryptographers, economists, business leaders, and community builders on a quest to bring smart contracts into the future. Members of the Agoric team have been professional collaborators in smart contracts technology for over 30 years. Agoric works with many well-known projects, and is backed by leading blockchain investors and venture capitalists.
How we work
We are based in the San Francisco Bay Area and work primarily from our office in Belmont, California. We are a collaborative, informal bunch and encourage sharing, discussion and teamwork. We are looking for new teammates who are creative, innovative, experienced, and experts in their craft. You can find our open source code on GitHub.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an extremely talented business oriented technologist, with the vision to lead partners, and the passion to find common ground in the evolutionary world of decentralized electronic markets. As an ideal candidate you are a self-starter and fast learner. You will be the primary Agoric interface to many preeminent blockchain projects and your insight, expertise and communication will ensure mutual success.
- Establish strong professional relationships with key leaders and team members within strategic partner projects. Help build connections between partners and Agoric team members as appropriate
- Regularly participate in Agoric - strategic partner initiatives, discussions and planning sessions. * Document and follow up on action items
- Identify, expose, and prioritize technical, marketing, and community opportunities for mutual growth
- Identify opportunities to partner on product development and work with Agoric leadership to close development and grant projects
- Attend and make presentations at conferences and events
- Establish goals and objectives, and drive success
- Regularly communicate project activity status
- Software engineering and/or Computer Science degree, or two-plus years relevant experience
- 5+ year’s experience in technology business development or related experience
- Proven experience working successfully with developers demonstrating support and empathy
- Demonstrated interest in decentralized markets, blockchain technology, and smart contracts. Working knowledge of high profile projects and competitive offerings
- Proven ability to communicate both written and orally
- Native English language speaking and writing
- Friendly writing style, use of familiar words, plain language, and the knack to describe technology in a way that is easy to understand
- Willingness to travel
Nice to haves
- Grant writing experience
WHAT WE OFFER
- Excellent medical benefits
- Generous vacation policy
- Exciting startup atmosphere in an area experiencing explosive growth
- In-office lunch daily, fresh snacks and drinks
- Collaborative, inspiring, fun colleagues
- Opportunity to work with recognized industry pioneers and leaders
- Competitive compensation including profit units
For more information or to apply, please contact [email protected]